The Manufacturing Hub Network is an audio destination for manufacturing & industrial professionals seeking the best education and inspiration for how to improve their business and career. In this episode focused on reshoring and automation, hosts Dave Griffith and Vlad Romanov speak with the Founder of the Reshoring Initiative, Harry Moser.
Key topics include:
- Challenges reshoring faces: US wage rates are higher than our competitors, and we have a labor shortage issue. Companies can solve both by deploying an intelligent automation solution such as the Bright Machines Microfactory.
- There are significant benefits including building supply chain resiliency – many manufacturers learned over the past two years that it’s in their best interest to diversify their factory production; buyers will pay moderately more for faster delivery and reshoring motivates the next generation of workers to embrace manufacturing (think apprentice programs!).
Harry outlines ideas to bring more factories back to North America – from procurement encouraging their teams to look closer to home to sellers using a TCO tool.
Bright Machines is a proud sponsor of the program, including the following conversations:
- Sean Murray, VP of Customer Success at Bright Machines outlines how reshoring is delivering real change.
- Adam Montoya, VP of Technical Sales at Bright Machines talks about how quickly manufacturers can build reshoring initiatives.
- Jason Azevedo, CSO at MRCA focuses on reshoring by expanding legacy companies.